Monday, April 1, 2013

The Containers Are Strutting Their Stuff

It is with great regret that I have been away so long.  In February I told you that I had a personal event that brought a curtain of sadness over me.  I thought I would be back on track sooner but unfortunately that didn't happen.  Well, here I am now and excited to show you how great the containers look.  The cool weather and regular rain has provided a recipe for success.  Check these out.


This container holds Sorbet Ruby & Gold Babyface Viola, Bull's Blood Beet, Erysimum variegated and Euphorbia Rudolph.  All of these grew so well together -- no one was a thug.  


This is a close up view of the erysimum.  I love the purple flowers that seem to just pop out of nowhere.











 Another euphorbia that is performing really well in the containers is 'Shorty'.  Where Rudolph has darker green leaves and burgundy stems, the leaves on Shorty are bright green with green stems and its height is several inches shorter.  But both put out neon yellow flowers that look like fireworks.  

The viola in this container is Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow.  Why the name?  Not sure, maybe because the flowers range from white to light blue and to deep blue.  Anyway, it's a catchy name.  Tucked in between is Bull's Blood Beet.   It provides such a nice deep burgundy color and here it made for a good separation.


A close up of Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow gives you an idea of how the colors change.


More photos to come soon.  I took photos of the containers in numerical order -- they all have tags on them.  This is just the beginning....so come back soon.  

No comments:

Post a Comment