Sunday, April 14, 2013

Over The Top Campsis Vine

I was out grooming the containers today. Well, mostly I was chopping back that darn 'Red Giant' Mustard.  And let me tell  you that when you cut one seed head out of the kale, three more pop up -- do the math on that one and you will understand why I am constantly grooming these days.  But that isn't what I wanted to share with you this time.  I was stopped in my tracks by the sight of the most awesome campsis radicans vine I have ever seen.  Drove all the way home to get my camera to capture this incredible vine......


For those who live in Madison, you have to go out of your way to see this vine.  It's hanging on the building where Madison Studios has an office (First and Jefferson).  Check out this closer view...


and this even closer view.....


Unfortunately I don't know the cultivar but I plan to contact the owner of the building and hopefully she knows.  Stay tuned and I'll be back soon with a name that we can ask for at the nursery.  

1 comment: