Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Trade Show Treasures

I have been out-of-pocket for the last week attending trade shows and garden conferences.  Normally I just share things  about the plants in the city containers or beds, but I just had to share these photos with you.  They made me either giggle or sigh in awe.  Hope they give you some pleasure too.


This vignette was done by my favorite ground cover nursery, Evergreen (sorry, wholesale only).  They have a very talented designer who comes up with something different each year for the trade show.  Not saying that you should take your old toilet and place it in the front yard, but isn't this  a clever idea for a casual setting.


While the toilet may not be as desirable for a container, this sink could easily fit in amongst low growing shrubs....and hey, it has its own drainage hole.

Now I have to share a couple pictures from the conference I attended at Callaway.  Looking for vertical gardens I found these in the Sibley Horticultural Center.  How easy can gardening get?  You might not have the option for vertically stacked stone walls like this, but there is no reason that any stone wall needs to be "bare".


The Flapjack kalanchoe is not hardy in zone 8 but there are lots of sedums and echeveria that could work.


How easily this sedum and rosemary drape over this wall. And they prefer drier conditions!  

Got lots of good ideas at these conferences and hope to showcase them in the summer containers.....stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment