Sunday, July 22, 2012

Plant and They Will Come

Just had to share these pictures with you -- human visitors aren't the only ones happy to have the City containers filled with colorful plants.  As I was grooming the containers I had to work my way around these two little visitors.  The bee would not move -- may have "drunk too much of the good stuff". 


All of the lantana are attractors but this particular one is 'Spreading Sunset'.  It has been a great bloomer.  Predicted to have a 2-3 foot height but in the container it isn't getting anywhere near that.  This particular plant is paired with a yellow coleus and yellow and orange portulaca and you can find it on lower Jefferson across from the Town Park.



You can count on the vinca to attract the butterflies....this one would hardly stand still long enough for me to capture his image.  These are welcome visitors....not true with the caladiums in the Welcome Center Garden.  I need to find out who is munching on them....they are having a feast.  I'm all for sharing with Nature, but half a leaf seems mighty greedy to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment